Saturday, April 01, 2006

Bed Rest?... and Saint James

Our appointment this week had mixed results. The good news is that Pippa has slowed down a bit in size; I'm now measuring only a week and a half or so ahead. So maybe she won't be a giant after all :) One of the reasons we were glad we had an appointment this week is that I've been having severe pain on my right side and leg. So they made sure I wasn't going into labor (I'm not), and that nothing is wrong w/ Pippa (she's fine). I assumed they were going to tell me to just suck it up and move on, which I was perfectly ready to do -- sadly, instead she recommended bed rest for 3-5 days. We compromised, and I'm going to take it easy this weekend and if it doesn't get better then I'll do bed rest for part of next week. We've got company here this weekend, but luckily they're very easy-going and I've been able to sit around w/ my legs up resting. Of course, James has been doing everything in terms of cooking and cleaning (even more than normal), and that will continue thru next week -- one more reason he's an absolute Saint.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?