Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Dogs and Colds

We had our first baby class on Tuesday -- "Baby Meets Bowser" -- all about having dogs w/ an infant/toddler. I didn't think we'd get anything too useful out of the class, but it was actually really good. The biggest thing is to get the dogs whipped into shape obedience-wise -- have them sit super quickly when told, come quickly when told, good leash behaviors (we're teaching them both to heel, finally), etc. I'm sure there was more good info but I can't remember much about the class because....

I have another cold. I had almost a week of non-sick-bliss and then got slammed w/ this one on Sunday and have been lying on the couch ever since. It's a completely different cold than the previous one -- and lucky James gets to share in its loveliness as well. Bleh. I'm hoping this is the last day of it because I think I'm feeling a bit better -- tho that might just be the sudafed talking. The good thing is it hasn't slowed down the Tadpole AT ALL -- what had been gentle kicking has turned into kick-boxing. It's quite a show she puts on -- looks like some alien form is trying to get out of my stomach, never mind what it feels like on the inside. Crazy.

Comments:
Gosh, I'm remembering all about my pregnancy through your stories. :-) This is a post-birth perspective, though, and why I love "wearing" Carlos with slings ... from mid-second trimester onward I had bouts of "ugh, I can't wait to get my body back and wear my real clothes!" but mostly I loved carrying my child.

Once Carlos was born, he was gone ... I felt I couldn't constantly keep him safe and happy and feed him so easily as I had when he was in utero. Of course, it was well well worth it ... I also just couldn't wait to meet him, but then again, once I saw his face it was as if I had known him forever.

Wierd.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?